We need you! There are many opportunities to support the Foundation by donating your time and skills. We coordinate volunteers to support the school throughout the school year. Are you interested in volunteering, but do not want to be a Board member? Additional volunteer opportunities are listed after the Board of Director Positions.
The Monterey Ridge Educational Foundation is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors and the Board of Directors is made up of voting members (Directors) and an Executive Board, including a President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. We are all volunteers and all Executive Board positions are open. Brief descriptions of roles and responsibilities are included below.
Board of Director Positions
- Attend and chair monthly meeting the first Tuesday of every month during the school year
- With support from the Board, oversee all operations of the Foundation, ensuring Foundation commitments are met and the school receives support as approved by the Board
- Work directly with the Treasurer to review and approve funding/reimbursement requests, as approved in the annual budget
- Work with Secretary to prepare agendas for meetings and share documents for filing
- Review and respond to correspondence from donors and funding recipients
- Meet with school Administrators and staff to discuss and understand the needs of the school
- Share communications with the Board regarding any activities, requests, or feedback as necessary
- Attend monthly meeting the first Tuesday of every month during the school year and act as Chair in the absence of the President
- Coordinate and recruit volunteer activities as needed
- Support Foundation activities through participation and communications
- Attend monthly meeting the first Tuesday of every month during the school year, at which the Treasurer presents a summary financial report
- Supports all fundraisers throughout the year by managing the incoming donations (and making deposits), supplying petty cash (if applicable), and setting up credit card swipers for accepting payments
- Pay bills (invoices and reimbursement requests)
- Bank reconciliation
- The Treasurer would work with our CPAs to prepare our taxes, and audits if necessary
- Coordinate with CPA to complete and file necessary paperwork with the State to ensure compliance with requirements to maintain 501(c)3 status.
- Manages the agenda and takes minutes at Board Meetings
- Maintains Board Membership list and other Administrative documents as needed
- Handles Foundation Correspondence as directed by the President
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
In addition to Executive Board positions, the Foundation helps to coordinate and recruit volunteers for roles that keep programs and activities at the school going. The following positions are open:
- School picture day
- Volunteer coordinator/recruiter
- Campaign Monarch Coordinator
- Community Partners Liaison
- Auction Coordinator (Teacher Time and Monarch Nights)
- Monarch Nights Coordinator
Contact us to learn more.